WHAT IS ZENTANGLE®?
The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas developed Zentangle after realizing the state of flow and peace Maria would often experience when creating her calligraphy artwork. They perfected Zentangle to be accessible to all ages and cultures – and that tangling could happen virtually anywhere!
THE BENEFITS OF ZENTANGLE
Practicing the Zentangle Method has been found to provide numerous personal, professional, and health benefits:
• Increased focus, motivation and creative thinking
• Reduced stress and anxiety
• Improved mood, as well as a sense of pride and accomplishment
• Improved motor skills and problem-solving
• Team-building, and improved social interactions
ZENTANGLE CLASSES & WORKSHOPS: (sign up here for our monthly newsletter!)
• Intro to Zentangle (required to take most future classes & offerings) learn the skills to take home and practice on your own
• Zentangle in Reverse – white pen on black paper
• Nature-Inspired – join us for a walk in the woods, collect inspirations and create art from and on our found treasures
• Zendalas – Tangles in the round, literally! Tangle patterns in mandala shapes
• Color Tangles – Explore using color with paints, pens and pencils
• Positivity Journals – Create a routine to increase positivity and creativity in your life
• Zentangle Series (3 & 6 week classes covering a variety of topics)
• Interested in hosting my classes? I would love to chat!
Additional private classes & gatherings include:
• Zen & Vino Night
• Adults Night Out
• Zentangle-Inspired Art: Animal templates, holiday cards, ornaments, tangle on fabric, wood, and photographs.
Here you can contact me to inquire about classes and speaking engagements, read my blog, check out my instagram photos and Facebook page, and stay in the loop on my new and exciting adventure. Wheeeee! I’m excited to share in this awesome journey – thanks for being a part of it. Sign up for my newsletter here.
For me, Zentangle helps with
• increasing focus and creativity
• reducing stress, anxiety and depression
• providing artistic satisfaction and an increased sense of well being
I’m excited to share this new-found love with others, and to teach them that “anything is possible one stroke at a time.”